Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Morgans #2 Letter Nov 29, 2010

Hi everyone -- Morgan sent another letter by mail as he is still having a hard time to get on the computers at the MTC...  So I will be his assistant and type his letter for him.  It was sure good to get this letter as I hadn't heard from him since his first few days.   I was glad he had a good thanksgiving as I was a bit worried how he was going to handle being away from home during this time.  Thanks for all your support for my missionary boys...  Have a great week.

Dear family and friends.

Hey, I had a moment to write this morning as my companion is finishing his letter to his parents.  We just had a morning devotional with Elder Jeffry R. Holland, quorum of the twelve.  He got up and wanted us to be thankful for today, it being Thanksgiving.  I saw him with his family and thought of all of you with your families.

Sister Holland spoke and she was kind a like the mother for back home and gave us great insight.  Elder Holland got up and started talking about the savior.  He gave 3 reasons to be thankful for today...

1.  That the savior knows us personally by our first name.  powerful ain't it?  He told us to ponder this.  I believe this with all my heart and mind.  I believe this.

2.  Give compassion to the poor.  The savior always went to the poor.

3.  God and the atonement.  Jesus Christ had to do this alone.  Even when Judas betrayed him with a kiss, he still called him friend.  Amazing.  Poor Judas.  The Savior knew what was happening, he knew what Judas was doing and he called him friend.

The father could not be with the son.  He did that alone.  The father had to watch his son go through this alone as he was put on the cross (john 3:16)  For god so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him, should not parish but have ever lasting life"

We just had Thanksgiving Dinner.  Oh how weird that was.  It wasn't a normal Thanksgiving.  It made me miss you all however know that two years is only 2 minutes 35 seconds to the Lord and know I don't have a lot of time to be a missionary and I must work hard and do my best. 

I love you all.  I love my savior.  God speed.

Elder Morgan Hardy (your son and friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment