Saturday, April 2, 2011

3-28-11


Aw, what a wonderful morning to give you an account of my week. This week was good. :D
So upon reading my brothers email I have found out that it is easier to do the "day" thing, so thus I shall try it. Bear with me. :D
 
So monday, Elder Turner was still somewhat out for the account. He was just really tired so he slept while I fiddled with numerous items. It was a good p-day for one great reason. I got to wear my jeans. Aw. Thank you. It felt like heaven. I believe the last time I wore a pair of jeans would have to be on new years. Indeed, it felt great. SO then we had a lovely dinner with the Betts where we had a very lovely stew. Sister Betts is, in a way, your Cape Breton mother. She will do anything for you and in the nicest way!
 
Tuesday was filled with knocking, finding, greeting, and all manner of smiles. Err, somewhat. :D
 
Wednesday was a really funny day. We had planned to go to New Waterford. Before this little adventure I had only been there twice; one with Elder Gammell many months ago, and two with Elder Turner last transfer. SO we stayed there and knocked for a good 6 hours. New Waterford is right on the water. You can see it, feel it, and be in it within five minutes. The wind just rolls off the ice in the sea and hits you. There is nothing like maritime weather. I wore the usual, thermals, sweaters, snow coat, rain coat, double socks, etc... and I still was insanely cold. It was fun though and we enjoyed being outside again. We knocked on this street called Hinchey for 4 1/2 hours! It was such a looong street! :D It was felt good to mark that off the map!
 
Thursday rolled around and I went on exchanges with Elder Marks, my MTC companion. Now, it seems whenever we do missionary work together, miracles just seem to come. On an earlier exchange with found a new investigator, etc. See my point? Things just happen. So thus, we were accustomed to have something great happen this exchange. So we went knocking, met good and strange people who told us about Atlantis etc, (hmmm :D) then we had this supposed meeting with a certain women named Jada. We arrived at the libary on time and waited. We waited. 15 minutes later...she shows up. Unbelievable. :D It was great! We got into the lesson and she just poured her soul out to us. We told her that ALL can be made right through the atonement of Jesus Christ. Then I pulled out my Book of Mormon. Her eyes were glued. Hm...so we gave her a copy and she was stunned that she knew that it was hers! In essence we taught her that she can be made whole through baptism. We extended the commitment and wam...she is going to be baptized April 17th. Now this is not my area's investigator but man it was cool to be a part of! :D She even came to church on sunday! :D Legit, huh?
 
Friday was a sweet day! We had our usual luncheon with Paul Brown the mechanic. He is that wacky Canadian and we sit in his auto shop in the rafters of garage. I'll get a picture. So then Paul decides to treat us with some Bonnie Prince burgers. Oh my laws. This was the BIGGEST burger I HAVE EVER SEEN! I sat there looking at it and then (after moving my fries) saw how big it was. Paul wouldn't let us leave unless we finished it....you have got to be kidding me. I was...stunned. SO elder Turner was just munching it down like it was nothing. SO i dug in...oh my stomach. I was full for two days. Didn't want to eat or anything. Woo. Later that day we saw lovely Marion. She is steadily reading and just won't come to church! Aw, blast! The Spirit was there, she knew it, I knew it, but she wouldn't commit. So we are still trying with her, maybe another miracle? Then the night ended with a wonderful Family Home Evening with the YSA. :D IT was great! 
 
Saturday was good, a lot knocking. :D Good day. Easy nothing to exciting. :P
 
This past sunday was one of the most amazing sundays that I have ever had. I really wanted to feel the Spirit. So it was fast + testimony meeting and I elected to get up and bear a short, sweet testimony. Face your fears, right? It was great. The branch her was so nice. There humble testimonies lift you. Then for Elders quorum, good o'l Paul was on a funny rant! Paul seems very tough on the exterior but really he is sooo dang funny and a really nice guy!  He ALWAYS makes fun of the missionaries. Always saying that we are dropping the ball. :D He laughed and made a joke saying that he saw us at a local tavern. I was going to say "Why were you at the tavern, Paul?" You see Paul like it when you give him flack, he likes you when you give him a hard time. Ironic. :D Byron came to church and the Elder quorum are really accepting him and including him on the lesson. He is participating and enjoying his time. :D I just wish that he would have that desire to be baptized. Maybe. Then Elder Turner and I taught the Institute class. :D
 
Our lesson for institute was all about developing our talents and abilities. How often or not so often do we try to develop our talents? To be frank with you, I probably do not do it a whole lot. Now that is a shame for if we do not keep doing what we are good at, we lose that talent. What a pity. God gave us talents to benefit the people around us. That is why each individual missionary need to go on mission to help someone who needs their talent. The Lord is a master planner and will put you in scenarios and places where you are best benefited. He does that with each area in life that we are at. Even when you are at home you still should be contributing to the world that you are in! That is why you are there! He has a plan for things seen and things unseen! If you ask the Lord to give you one person that you can help that day, he will make it happen. You can showcase your talents then for the better meant of that person! So develop them early, keep them going, and blessings will come into place. Like good o'l Nephi in the Book of Mormon, he makes a ship, the Lord shows him how and he gets to work. He uses that talent later to make the plates and to build a temple. How did he do that? Because he developed them early, asked for the Lords help, and then he could bless the peoples life around him later. SO do it! Get to work!
 
I love you all so much, thank you for reading a little missionaries letter. I love you!
 
-Elder Hardy.
 
P.s. Back to work. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment