Saturday, April 2, 2011

Weekly Email: March 14th!


HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!
 
The reason why I am celebrating this early is because I realized something this morning. St. Patrick's day is the 17th but also it is my four month mark! WOAH! Crazy. To be frankly honest, where did the time go? I am certain that I was there, that I was doing work and inviting all others to come unto Christ but seriously, where exactly was I? So a whole new meaning came into my head saying: "The Mission is incredibly short." Yes, darn right it is! WOW! For a moment there, I felt a tad old. Hm. :D
 
So this week was transfers throughout the entire mission. Elder Beus, my old district leader, was busy running around trying to pick up everything and to ship out! It was a tad frantic. A little bitter sweet about his departure but he made it a-okay. Thank goodness. This week was one of the slowest weeks for me, due to transfers. It just seemed as if things were going out of the mix. Ironically, it is Monday again and everything feels way fast! :D Oh, the joys of the mission.
 
Okay, so I have put this off telling you all this for awhile, because of the unsurety about this person. Nevertheless, this person has again proved her worth and thus, I do believe I will share. Her name is Marion. She is about 75 years of age and have really bad back problems. But oh my goodness, she is the sweetest lady! So Elder Turner and I have been wanting to knock this street Ainsley for awhile but things always seemed to get in the way. Always. SO then finally we were able to actually knock that street. SO the first house that we get to is Marions. We knock and here this "Come in". After a good chat, she explains that her back is hurting and that she can't move very well. So we offer to help, because we are devout missionaries. She tells us that her car has been in the same place all winter and she is afraid that it is broken. Oh my goodness, she was really worried about it. So we go and try our best to get the car out but realize that we need an ice pick to break the ice. So we walk in explain the situation and that we will be back later. We show up later and move her car. Now we have started teaching her and you just see her happy little self. Oh my laws, she is great! She keeps telling everyone about her two "angels"; meaning Elder Turner and I. She says that she prayed day in and day out to have God send her somebody to help. Then the missionaries show up. Ironic? Not in the slightest. If you ever get to meet Marion you see the humbleness she has. Your life is automatically touched by the way this wonderful women lives. You want to cry with her because of the pain she has but laugh with her about her funny life experiences. She is wonderful. The Lord has not forgotten about her. That's for sure. But what a blessing it is for Elder Turner and I. What a way to feel that you are doing good! GO ABOUT DOING GOOD! WOOT! It really makes you feel like a hundred bucks!
 
So that is a little tid bit on Marion. She is wonderful. We met again with Byron and Ben. Byron really sees the need to pray though often his work schedule makes him very tired, so in essence, he forgets. But he realizes that he does need to put forth the effort to get the answer. Ben is doing great, reading and praying. Though we are just waiting an answer to his prayers. It may take some time but hey, all is worth it. All is worth it.
 
So yesterday, Sunday, was a great day. Byron and Ben attended. Thank the heavens! I also had the privilege to teach 2nd hour of church. My lesson was on facing the modern day Goliaths! I read with them the story of David and Goliath, and in the story David takes 5 stones from the brook and prepares for battle. President Thomas S. Monson gives us the 5 stone of today to fight modern day goliaths! 1. The stone of courage. Two. The stone of effort. 3. The stone of humility. 4. The stone of prayer. 5. The stone of the duty to love. Now think of  your modern day menace! It seems that all is coming at you and you can't dodge it but have to go through it. You see the thing rising above you in splendor and supreme power. I would "gulp". :D So like David we are equipped with five stones and "haste" to the enemy. WE run! Take the bull by the horns! Then with the Lord we become victorious. For the Lord has equipped us with some many fundamentals that we should use them to our advantage. So use those five stones! USE THEM!
 
I know this email is incredibly short but we have a lesson today and we got to get going! I pray that you felt the Spirit this week and let it influence your life! I love you so much!
 
-Elder Hardy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment