Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!


Happy Valentines Day everyone!
 
I pray that you husbands did something very very nice for your wifes. If not....well... :D
 
This week was an intense week from the start. To be honest, nothing could've told me the dealings of this week except that I expeirenced that myself. It was such a great week!
 
So I don't know if I have mentioned the Brewsters before or not, but just in case, we were with them for our Christmas dinner! It was very nice! So we ventured with Bro. Brewster to go and see his mom, who in turn agreed to meet with us. So we go in, give our first lesson and really emphasized the Book of Mormon and how to know if the book is true or not. She stops us and says that she knows it true already. We stopped. Paused. Thought. Didn't really know what to do...I looked at Elder Turner. His jaw is dropped. Then he finally comes back to life, we both do, and asked; "Do you believe that the Book of Mormon is the word of God?" She replies; "Yes." He continues; "Do you believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet?" Again, the same response. My heart was pumping. Bro Brewster is completly shocked, dumbfounded if you will. :D Elder Turner continues "Do you believe that there is a living prophet on this earth today?" "Yes." No movement from me. I do believe I was trying to discern on this situation....then Elder Turner asks her the big question; "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by someone holding the preisthood authority of God?" She said "Yes." Holy moly, I just wanted to get up and do a little dance! She didn't committ to a date but she is on board! What a lesson! We were all freaking out afterwards! I mean who wouldn't? :D :D :D :D
 
So then we had a great lesson with Byron. It was so great. Though I did find something that I do believe to be completly ironic. Most of you know that I am a Miami Dolphins fan and my birthday is on October 30th. Now Byron is a Miami Dolphins fan and was born on the 26th of October....weird, huh? I don't know if that is concidental or anything to that extent....but...anyway...so we had a very good lesson with the man. As we were waiting for a member to show we got to meet Pandora. Now Pandora is an 8 ft phython. :D  She is probably the most friendly snake I have ever met. Now Byron is draping her all over my head, neck (which in turn did give me chills...) arm, etc. She was so nice. So silky smooth. I was an adventure! :D Did you ever think that I would be playing with a python on my mission? Oh, and not to mention but that snake came up and gave me a big o'l wet on the lips. Nothing like some snake love! Then we sat down and had a beautiful lesson on the Book of Mormon. It was a lesson that I will never forget. For the details are small but they will hold a dear place in my heart. But, again, this expierence will be kept in my heart, and that is where we will end it. Great lesson and great expierience!
 
So my message for this week has to do with the Valentines day theme. Love. Love comes in many forms, shapes, and enviorments. One, that I expierenced this week was the love for my investigators. Do not think that I did not love them before, but as you get to know people more that charity goes into the little layers of the heart. So thus, when you start to sink in you feel that love, right there in the middle of your heart. Though you don't realize at first, it grows and eventually, well, you will do everything in your power to acomplish the task that the Lord has for them. That is when the Spirit testifies through you. That is when you can acomplish great things with people! That happened to Ben this week, as well as with Byron. So a little blessing from the Lord? Yeah. :D
 
So again, have a great week! Feel that charity for others and enjoy life! :D Those are just simple facts of the week but it made the most difference.
 
I love you always, and thank you so much for everything!
 
-Elder Morgan Hardy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment