Monday, March 7, 2011

Holy Moley...


Hm, to the amazement of ones self and to the disappointments of others, I'm sure, I regret to inform you that your little Elder Hardy was so wrapped up in the final moments of his time emailing that he forgot to send out the email. To be frank, that line made me feel a tad dumb. But, yes, I forgot to email it so now you get double of me! I'm sorry.
 
This week was such an odd week. I really didn't know what was going on til it actually happened. See, planning prevents horrible performance. So thus, I was compelled to actually roll with the punches. But the main highlight of this week was a leadership meeting in a town dubbed Truro (pronouced Churro :D). From my area to that area is about a 3 hour drive. So we drove to New Glasgow to spend a lovely night with the zone leaders. Then another hour to Truro. To Elder Turner adn I's must amusement we were told that we were going to spend the night in Dieppe, New Brunswick. What a night.
 
I went on an exchange with an Elder Clement. A nice kid from washington. I was excited to get going to do get some work done. For when you are in leadership meeting, it is an all day event, so you want to stretch the legs. So the Elder and I went out and knocked some doors. Now President Simpson explained to us that we need to be talking with everyone that we meet including people walking on the streets. So we were at a door and Elder Clements steps back and walks up to these ladies walking by. We start talking to everyone and bam, he gets her number, address, return appointment and we give her a Book of Mormon. Miracle. So thus, being stoked on that we kept going down the street. Where we met this drunk guy who wanted a toonie, and Elder Clement abliged. :D We then knocked into this person named Jordan. We basically taught her the first lesson at the door. What power! Then I gave my story about Jospeh Smith and afterward Elder Clements stops and says, "I know that, that is true because I feel the Spirit." She says she does to and bam, another Book of Mormon out, phone number, address, and a return appointment! Oh the Elders of Dieppe were stoked! I was pumped! It was a miraculous night! To bad it wasn't in Cape Breton! Pity, but hey, that is soo totally awesome! :D
 
That was an incredible night, I was so happy! I remember lying in bed (well, my sofa/bed) and thinking; "Holy Moley, miracles." There is an old missionary proverb that says "Miracles happen on exchanges." By george, they do!!!!
 
The leadership training was amazing. I was so happy to see the old MTC district gang there and to here all about their adventures! I was so good to see them and to just reminiscence in the good o'l days. I was happy. I was glad to have a day of good notes, smiles, and a ton of laughs!
 
I have been out for 3 months since the 17th of last week and at the leadership meeting there was another Elder who just came in last transfer! Bwhaha! I felt so old being around him! It was great! I wasn't the youngest missionary anymore! But, hey, I am still a tad young, but, it was great to see someone younger! Woot! :D
 
This week was just a lot of travel, unfortunatly. I was bummed to be out of Cape Breton for a while. I showed my Cape Breton pride, (Which Elder Turner says is not healthy. :D) and said that it was the best area in the mission! WOOT! Which it is! The BEST!
 
So my message for this week is just to be happy for what the Lord has blessed us with. My other MTC district buddies seemed to really have a lot going in their areas and this and that, but I was just grateful to be a Cape Bretoner. I was so happy for them and their success and everything like that, but I am well pleased to be in Sydney, Cape Breton. :D So thus, I am "content with the things that Lord hath allotted unto me." (Alma 29: 3)
 
I pray that you all were not too disgruntled by me forgetting to send out the big email. Tis a shame, I was heart broken today when I found out that I didn't send it! So don't worry, I repented and we are all good now! ;)
 
I love you all and am so grateful for your patience and longsuffering for me! :D
Have a great week!
 
-Elder Hardy.

No comments:

Post a Comment