Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1-3-11

"How's it going, buddy?"
 
That is probably the line that we hear most when we approach people to talk with them about the Gospel. The people here of Cape Breton are always saying "buddy" or "By". They mean the same thing but some people say it so fast that it is hard to understand!  But in all awesomeness that people of Canada are so friendly and very polite.
 
One thing that is odd is everything is so expensive up here sometimes. A liter of Milk (Oh yes, milk goes by liters and gas goes by liters as well. We have to fill up our second day here and I saw the price $1.15, I thinking that it was gallons was like "Holy COW!" But no, it was liters. Silly me. :D) So liter of milk costs about 3 to 4 bucks. So we have to budget well and do all that we can to save! We manage well, and no mom, I am not starving! :P
 
So my preperation day got changed to be on mondays now. SO expect to hear from me and my brother on the same day, so mondays will be Hardy filled! :P So expect nothing else. :D
 
So my new years eve is rather funny one. We had to be in our apartment by 6. So we had little time to go and preach the gospel. So we just decided to jet out and try to get in as much time as we can. People weren't really excited that we were coming around that day. They just seemed like it was a bother...but we did meet people we seemed very interested and that I am truly garteful for. So we we went around and did the best that we could do. So when 6 arrived we headed back to the apartment. So just relaxed and I drew a couple of pictures and just enjoyed the night. It was tad weird to be sitting in the apartment doing nothing. Odd. But the night was good and we were in bed promptly at 10:30. Woot! Then we welcomed in the New Year with our heads on our pillows. The next day, no body was out on the roads. It felt like a sunday back in Utah. No one was out. :D
 
Later, last wedensday, we had probably the most spiritual experience I have had on my mission. We were teaching Kimi (chinese student) and he asked about the Baptismal questions. We pulled them out and the first one is "Do you believe that God is your loving heavenly father?" Now, Kimi is from China, and he knew nothing about God til we met him 3 weeks ago. He was unsure. I pulled the "O RELIABLE" scripture; Moroni 10:3-5. That scripture always comes in handy. Always. We told him to ask in faith if God was there. Then the 3 of us (Elder Gammell, Brother Brewster, and I) bore powerful testimonies about how each of us knew God individually and how he has changed our lifes. The Spirit was there. Kimi told us that he utterly loved us for being his friend. He even asked if we could all be friends forever. That line, soldified how much a mission means to the missionary. You meet people on this mission, who will change your heart and your life. You will meet people that will become your friends for eternity. I am so glad to be serving this mission; I met this person, whom I probably would have never met, but now that I have, I am truly blessed for it. That is what the mission and the Gospel is all about. D & C section 18 verse 15 states "And if it so be that you should labor all your  days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!" The joy I have from meeting Kimi and our other investigators that are my friends, estounds me! A friend for life! That is why being a missionary is the happiest calling on this earth!
 
So future missionaries, prepare to meet friends on your mission. Because when you have those hard days where nothing seems to be going your way, you think of your friends that you taught and baptized, and then everything turns around. Everyone can be a friend. So love on another and do all that you can to be that friend.
So everyone, go out and meet new people. Or why not meet some old friends! People are put into our lifes for a reason, so why not try to find out that reason?
 
I love you all so much! Thank you for all that you guys do. I am so blessed to have known all of you. I truly do mean that. Thank you so much. I couldn't have done it without you. Again, may the Lord bless you this year in 2011; so make it one year to remember!
 
With love and missionary wisdom; (...good one Morgan---hand five to self---)
 
-Elder Morgan Hardy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment