Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Transfer 1; complete!


Hmmm....the snow has finally seemed to show his face. It just appeared over night, but to be honest, it is a very fun adventure! You kinda play a game to see how long you can last in the cold knocking doors! Its soo much fun! You have to keep it fun or else the snow will get you down! Yesterday though, was pretty cool. The snow was blowing just a bit to where we called it "snow dust". So it was magical and cold at the same time but it made the day better. :D
 
So a whole transfer of my mission is complete! Crazy to think that I have spent 6 weeks in Sydney and oh, how the time as passed! One transfer down and something like 16 more to go...the mission is not that long...odd...but yes, not that long at all. :D Skyler has only about 8 or so months left and it feels like he just left, and here am I in Cape Breton and a whole transfer just flew by. I barely had time to say hello! :D
 
On a sad note, my companion and trainer, Elder Gammell, leaves Sydney and is becoming the new zone leader in a town called New Glassgcow. It is sad to see him go, but for the short space that I knew him we have acomplished so much! So my new companion, whom I will meet later this week, is an Elder Turner. He is from West Virginia and is a pretty awesome Elder from what I have heard. :D But, Elder Gammell will be my new zone leader so I will see him quite often, and therefore, am blessed! SO we will travel to the zone leaders apartment, drop off Elder Gammell and pick up Elder Turner. SO new companion, new adventures, heck, here comes another adventure!
 
And to one of my bestest friends ever, Richard Stowe, congrats on your mission call! I am so excited for you! Be the best that you can be! I'm proud of you!
 
This week was a really fast week. Like I said before it just seemed to stop by, say hello, then leave just as quick as it came!
     Byron - The vet, is coming a long and making sure that this is the true church. He is taking his time, which is good because we want him to know that for sure, and even came to church on sunday! He asked a lot of questions and really enjoyed the expeirence!
     Ben - we had a lot of lessons this week and is really intrigued. He is praying for his answer and we are as well. :D But he is coming so great, he came to church again, and I think he felt very comfortable and had great chats with the members! He is schelduled to be baptized the Febuary 5th, 2011. Intense huh? :D
 
So that is pretty much the highlights of this week. We were very busy running around and knocking a lot of doors and meeting a lot of people! Apparently, a lot of Cape Bretoners travel to Florida for the winter. We knocked into this couple who will be leaving for Florida in a couple of days and were eargly excited! So hey, another fun fact about Cape Breton!
 
I do not have much to tell you this week. This week went by so fast that you could hardly take it in! Our old zone leader, Elder Redford, is leaving to head home this week. I got to chat with him and to be honest, he seems old compared to me! He said that I am a very young missionary and that I am blessed to be a young missionary. We traded ties and signed them. The brotherhood of missionaries is a very special thing, ;D its awesome the bonds that you create here in the mission!
 
My thoughts this week were on so many things and my thoughts right now are so varied, Elder Gammell and I have a lot to do before he leaves so that is where my mind rests for now. I read this scripture this past week that has helped me. It is so simple and so poetic that you cannot but repeat it in your mind when things, good or bad, happen. But it is in the Book of Jacob, 6th chapter, 12th verse; and it states:
 
"O be wise; what can I say more?"
 
Beautiful isn't it? So I guess my message for this week is to be wise with the things that we do. Be wise for the descisions we make. God gave us this agency to hopefully be for our benefit. And to whatever descision that we make their is a consequence or a reward, right? So hence, we should choose the latter part of that; and choose the rewards. For one of the biggest descisions that I have made so far on my mission to whether I should serve one or not. And if I hadn't, well, I'm not sure where I would, but I wouldn't have gotten to meet Byron or Ben, and that is very sad. For as missionaries we teach this gospel, then they choose whether to accept it or not. We cannot make them do it, we can only help. So thus, be wise, what can I say more?
 
It is a blessing that you reached this part of my emails. :D I love you all so much!
 
-Elder Morgan Hardy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment