Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Again, we meet around the board..."


Bwhaha! "Again, we meet around the board..." :D
 
Another week come and gone. But now that I am thinking about it, it seems like forever since I lasted communicated with you. But nevertheless, I am here and love that you are reading this! It gives me hope!
 
Okay, I shall begin with one of the greatest sights I have seen on my mission. We went to a city called Glace Bay on wednesday. It is about 16k's from Sydney but we went to find someone to teach! We got to the main street of the town and right before me was the Atlantic Oceon. It was amazing! You could stare at if all day! So my companion seeing my interest in such scenery, parked the car on the street nearest the oceon and we went knocking while looking at the water. Lunch soon followed and we pulled up right to the beach and ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in car looking at the oceon. I was just so happy to be looking at something that was so amazing. Just seeing those blue waters brightened the entire week for me! It was probably the most memroable lunch I have ever had.
 
So unbeknowest to most of you, well since I am a missionary I must be honest, I had this terriable tooth ache in mouth that lasted for a week and half. So I called the missionary mom, Sister Simpson, who in turn told me to head straight to the denist. They took me as an emergency (this I liked very much :D ) and sat me in with Dr. McDonald. She took and x-ray and helped me out! Apparently, where my toothache was, was a small tiny cavitiy. And the pain was caused my tooth plague. SO I got instructed on how to brush my teeth and she gave me this toothpaste to help strengthen my teeth. :D What an adventure! My teeth feel like a million bucks! Woot!
 
So the next day, friday, we travelled to Port Hawkesberry for interviews with President Simpson. We got mail and he conducted the interviews. While the other Elders and I talked and chatted with Sister Simpson. This was so much fun! I got my yearly family calender from Grandma (Thank you! Love you!) and Sister Simpson took that and went through it. It reached August where our family picture is and she saw my darling sister Kenzie. Hmmm....here goes the Kenzie drama again! She said "OH! She is gorgeous! So beautiful! Hey Elders (the other elders that are working in sydney) come take a look at his sister! She's cute!" Hahahahaha! Ironic huh?! Its silly! Now when I see other missionaries they will ask me about it because news in the mission travels fast. :D :D HAHAHA! Its soo funny!
 
So the snow is coming down on sydney. We had a lot yesterday. And apparently there is more to follow on wednesday! I was hoping that it would never come, but hey, what do you do right?
 
-Kimi is coming a long great! The other Elders in Sydney are had a baptism this week and this greatly excited Kimi! He is way excited and hopefully a baptism will follow!
-Byron came to chuch this sunday and is steadily reading the Book of Mormon. He seemed to really like church was just getting invovled! Good things to come no doubt!
-Ben. He is a new investigater and is a memebers son. He is really interested. Came also the that baptism and he was just fascinated by it!
I love these people! They are coming unto Christ and it is beautiful!
 
So Alison ( the other elders new member; the one that got baptized) was way excited to be baptized and during that baptism I just kept thinking about my own baptism. It was 11 years ago. I remember just getting into the water, Seth Dove already baptized and shivering in the cold, I got "dunked" but one of my toes came up. So thus, I had to do it again. I don't remember much. But I remember. I encourage all of you to remember why you joined the church, what it means to you. I have been doing this a lot lately and now that I think of it, it means everything to me. It means my family, my hopes, and it means memories that I will cherish. I see Alison get baptized, and she was glowing afterward. She will never forget that day as long as she lives. It is my earnest prayer, that we do not forget our own baptism. Remember how important it was and how pivotal it means in your life. I know that if you do, you will smile. You will smile and be happy. I didn't see how much that baptism mean't to me, until I saw Alison getting baptized. Because that day, eleven years ago, changed my life forever and for the better.
 
Again, I know that it is a very simple thought, but it will inspire you to become more. I know that if you do this, the Lord will shower his blessing for abundtly upon you. I love you, I respect you, and I enjoy your company. For you reading my letters is one of the greatest blessing I have on this little 2 year adventure!
 
Sending some Canadian love,
 
-Elder Morgan Hardy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment