Monday, January 31, 2011

January 30th, 2011


Hello again everyone!
I presume that you had a fantastic week and that all went according to plan!
 
So as most of you all know, I got a new companion this week. It was one crazy week, and it seemed unbelievably long. I was so surprised when it was only friday for it felt like sunday. I do believe that the reason for this was because of transfers. So late wednesday night, Elder Gammell and I drove 3 hours to get to New Glasgow. Here we stayed the night and enjoyed the company of the zone leaders. So Elder Redford and I (he just recently went home.) left around noon to drive down to Halifax, (about a 2 hour drive at best.) to where we arrived at the mission home. I saw the President and his wife, and about 30 other Elders. It was a packed day. I met so many other Elders that it was literaly a shock! I grabbed Elder Turner and we were braving the bad roads to get back to Cape Breton. The roads ended up taking us out of the drive so we spent another night in New Glasgow. The next morning we ventured out around ten and made it to wonderful Cape Breton around two o'clock. It was a really long road trip! But, it was intense to be back at the mission home already, sincie I have been out only a transfer!
 
So on a very tiny side note, after we I left emailing for home and my weekly letter, it was apparent to Elder Gammell and I that we would go and try to find some cheap ties. So I found this beautiful Cape Breton tartan (their scottish plaid color) tie! It is so amazing! So now I offically with call myself a Cape Bretoner because of this purchase! :P
 
On tuesday we did our little display here at the local collage. It was a good day and we got a lot of numbers. But one thing that seemed to really help was when Alison (our newest convert) came into the picture. She played missionary. As I sat there and noticed how much better our display was when she was around bringing her friends to us. So that made everyone else see the importance of it. When friends invite friends to do something that they feel is right, and pour their heart of the truthfulness of it and bear witness to that friend that it is true, then the Spirit comes and blesses that person, as long as your self. I believe that in D&C 100 verse 5 through the end of that chapter it says that Spirit will come in that very moment and that every second that you need it. So again, it was truly an eye opener! 
 
     So on Sunday Byron and Kimi came to church. It was soo amazing! We didn't get the chance to see Byron at all this week because of transfers and his work, but we called him and invited him and he shows up!! It was good to see him, it was like seeing a long distance friend all over again! I was glad. He enjoyed church, as always, and his questions are becmong really good!!
    With Kimi we read the 7th chapter of 1st nephi and in verse 12 it basically says that through God we can do all things. So we asked Kimi if he believed that he could do that and he said sure. A tad hesitant on his response we offered him an expierment. I said that if he prays for help before he studies and before his test that the Lord will help him. It was an intense promise. Still is. So I'm not sure where this will end up or anything like that but I know that with the Lords help we can do all things. So give a prayer for Kimi.
    Ben continues to progress. He is slowly reading the Book of Mormon and throughly thinking it out. So we are waiting for his answer and doing the best that we can in order for him to get that answer.
 
One major highlight of this week had to do with the two branches here in our area. The North Sydney branch and the Sydney branch will combine to make it one. I do believe that is is the Lord's way. Some people were a little hesitant and maybe a little nervous, but I believe that this is the start of a beautiful and miraclous experience with this branch. I am excited for it because it will beneifit the entire area! Why I bring this is up is that change will indeed happen. But, if we trust in the Lord as this new branch did, they will know of the surety of the thing, and that it is the Lords will.
 
    So my question for you this week, is how can you build more a trust in Jesus Christ? I know that your challenges, concerns, are all so varied. And it is impossiable for one, such as I, to know them. SO who does know all those concerns, problems, sad times, or challenges? Exactly, Jesus Christ. So put your trust in him! Just through it in and rely on  that! I can promise you that he will never let you down. Only ourselves can do that, so that is why we mustn't do that! Jesus even said "Be not afraid; Only believe." (Mark 5:36) It was so grateful to see that in our little branch, to see that trust in the Lord and what he is doing. The Lords eye is indeed on Cape Breton, and I am so happy to be witnessing and being here in these times.
 
Again, I am so happy for you and your constant support. I know that may so reduntant and everything inbetween, but my heart is so happy for you and your care. I hope that the blessings of the Lord will be with you this week and that it may be magnified within you and through you.
 
-Elder Morgan Hardy.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment